Saturday, March 15, 2014

Humans of New York

Comparing JR's work to Stanton's
There are many differences between the work of these two men. While JR's work consists of taking pictures and making up your own version of their story, Stanton's photos also come with a snippet of his conversation with the subject of his photo. I personally like Stanton's work more. The stories that people share with him are so diverse and interesting. I think that JR's work is interesting, but i was a little bored while trying to find examples of his work. When I had to find examples of Stanton's work, it was hard to choose which ones were my favorites. I could have read his blog all day because what he does is so interesting.


My Favorite Pictures:


"The happiest moment of my life was when my daughter was born. The second happiest moment was when I made this jacket."


















"I’m 86. And that’s about enough. I’m ready to go."
“Aren’t you afraid of death?”
“Why would I be?”
“Isn’t that sort of a natural condition of living?”
“Not when you miss your husband as much as I do.”














"I like to flip through old books to see if I can find any handwritten notes. Once I found one with a love note from 1917."
















"If you could change one thing about adults, what would it be?"
“A lot of them are grumpy.”





















"We go to four appointments every week, but I don’t mind. She’s my blood." 

















No comments:

Post a Comment